Studio Policies + Terms
- Main studio room of 1400 square feet, with viewing area, changing area, vintage furniture, and accents.
- Included also: heating, stairs (partially fire escape), freight elevator, factory restroom, water fountain on entry level of building
- Flooring: cement with movable rugs
*Please note, during the warmer months we do our best to cool the space down using mobile AC units and fans. Feel free to bring along any drinks/water, and snacks.
- Natural-light studio, with South & West-facing windows. Akron Photo Society does not supply lighting, and it's recommended to bring any additional lighting if needed.
- A maximum of 10 people are allowed in the studio at a time. If 11+ people are present, the card on file will be charged event rates (starting at $150/hr). This accounts for any photographers, assistants, or kids. Please consider choosing an appropriate time to account for the total amount of people in your reservation.
IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE CLIENTS:
- The photographer/guests must bring an assistant to escort clients in & out of the studio & building. Guests are not permitted to roam the building.
- Reservations start on-time and early access is not permitted.
- Reservations must end on time. $10 will be charged for every 5 minutes extending past the end of the reservation time.
- A 50% non-refundable retainer is required to reserve studio time. The remaining balance is due by the day of the reservation.
- Any remaining payments must be received at the time of the scheduled reservation. Accepted payment methods include PayPal, Cash/Check. PAYPAL: AKRONPHOTOSOCIETY1@GMAIL.COM
- Rescheduling must be done at least 72 hours in advance in order for retainers to be transferrable.
- A $25 rescheduling fee is required if the date needs to be rescheduled less than 72 hours in advance.
- If the reservation needs to be rescheduled or cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled time, any retainer made to reserve will be forfeited and a new reservation must be made.
- To reschedule, feel free to use the reschedule button at the bottom of the initial confirmation or reminder email. An email can also be sent to email@example.com to set up a new, desired date & time.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- No smoking, burning incense, smoke bombs, or open flames are allowed on the property.
- Furniture can be moved around with care, and must go back to where it was originally.
- A fee will be charged for spills, food, glitter, stains, or broken items.
- If anyone acknowledges an emergency, accident, fire, health crisis, or criminal activity, if necessary they will call 911.
- Use of illegal drugs or alcohol on-site is prohibited.
- Music must be kept at a reasonable volume.
- Renter is responsible for replacing any broken or damaged property caused by the renter and/or renter's party.
- Guests must clean up after themselves or they will be charged a $75 cleaning fee.
- Animals are not permitted in the studio unless they are registered support animals.
- Guests will respect other tenants in the building.
- Those who reserve studio time are responsible for their own liability insurance & media release forms.
- Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Permitted uses include: photoshoots, video shoots, meetings, art openings, and performance. Special events must be coordinated separately.
- Any work submitted to Akron Photo Society may be used to feature on social media sites, such as Instagram, Facebook, or the website itself.
LIABILITY & CONDUCT:
- Akron Photo Society LLC, Canal Place A, LLC, Maddie Draffan, Matt Clapper, and any other studio personnel are not liable for any injury, lost/stolen, or damaged property.
- Akron Photo Society LLC, Maddie Draffan, or Matt Clapper cannot be held liable for other photographers or their business practices. We expect any and all Photographers and those who reserve the studio to conduct themselves and their business ethically and professionally. Akron Photo Society LLC has the right to cancel any reservation for any reason.